Otro Atardecer

*I would suggest to listen the song while reading  

otro atardecer- bad bunny ft the marías

Someone said, "Blue is your favorite color because you keep taking pictures of the sky." It is true, but that is something I had not realized before.

During the day, it is art on an enormous canvas with cloudy doodles, white stains, and muted blues. It reminds me of the ocean and the peace I feel while sailing, as well as my youth on a sunny day, lying on the grass, eagerly anticipating the weekend, with my friends singing and eagerly waiting for noon to return home.

During the night, it becomes a charcoal paper adorned with brilliant points and occasional clouds obscuring its yellow pearl, which humans call the moon. It reminds me of walking through the mountains, the sound of waves in Cancún, and late road trips with my mom and dad.

During the transition between day and night, it explodes with pigments, fires, and rubies, as if someone had taken a bottle of red paint and dust and suddenly thrown it into the sky. It reminds me of last summer, driving back home while listening to "Otro Atardecer" with my sisters beside me, both of whom are named María.

Where are you? You just disappeared, there is still a part of me that you don't know. Because I've been thinking about you, if the life gives me the opportunity I will kiss you again. Time will go, but I will not forget you.

I come from a city called Machala, and I have traveled quite a bit. Yet, I have never felt as relaxed as I did while watching a sunset there. Perhaps I never will, as the feeling of being a carefree teenager will not return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passionfruit

Never Let You Go

Freeze