Never Let You Go

*I would suggest to listen the song while reading

 -never let you go- kygo ft. john newman

This is dedicated to the ones who are no longer with us. Those people whose voices or smells one day we will forget. Time is so harmful and the mind is so fragile that sometimes we cannot store all the amazing things in our head.

To my grandparents, uncles, cousins, friends, pets, and all the people who have left this world, I wish I could have shared more time with you. I wish I could have shared another meal or laugh, my graduation, and my successes. But your time with me already taught me enough - enough to be stronger, wiser, and thankful for every second on this earth. Even if you do not believe it, you are a part of me. You have already set one brick on my life wall.

I was 11 when my grandfather on my dad's side passed away. I felt so miserable for not having treated him better. I still remember how he raised me and when he used to show me his biceps, a symbol of his hard work life.

I was 13 when my aunt passed away. She was one of the strongest women I have ever met. For more than 10 years, she fought against cancer, just having the illusion of celebrating her daughter's 15th birthday. One month after my cousin's 15th birthday, my aunt died. She taught me that love for your family can make you overcome incredible barriers. Nevertheless, death is inevitable. For that reason, she spent her last days loving her loved ones as much as she could because every day could have been her last.

I was 15 when my grandfather on my mom's side passed away. The same reason as my aunt, nevertheless, it was fast. One day he was carrying huge banana clusters from his truck, and six months later, he was not even able to stand up from a chair. I aspire to be as brave, courageous, and dedicated as you were. Always taking care of others, even when that could harm you. People say that I look like you. It is an honor.

Because I miss your presence in my life, I wrote this. And from time to time, I listen to this song, and just break myself on tears, remembering when you were here. Indeed, I will never let you go.


2021



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passionfruit

Freeze